PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (THIS “AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY, AS IT CONSITUTES A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (“YOU”) AND DAVE’S COMUTERS, INC (“DAVE’S COMPUTERS”, “OUR” OR “WE”) WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF DAVE’S COMPUTERS’S SERVICES (“SERVICES”). BY USING OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO EACH OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE SET FORTH BELOW.
- 1. Minimum Fee and Payment. There is a minimum fee of $75 for diagnostic service, which will be applied towards the repair cost, if you choose to repair the computer. This fee is required to be paid upon dropping off the computer. If you instruct Dave’s Computers to proceed with repairs of your computer, you will be responsible for all parts and labor incurred in repairing the computer, even if you later tell Dave’s Computers to stop the repair or if it is later determined that the computer is not repairable. Some services may require prepayment for parts or labor. By signing below you agree to pay all fees due under this agreement whether or not your computer is repaired. Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, payment-in-full will be required before your computer will be released to you.
- 2. Parts. You agree to be responsible for and to reimburse Dave’s Computers for any special ordered parts for repairs that you authorize. You will be charged for these parts even if you later tell Dave’s Computers to stop the repair or if it is later determined that your computer is not repairable. We may require prepayment for certain parts.
- 3. Refunds. Except as provided in item 5 below (Data Recovery Services), we do not issue refunds for equipment, repairs or services.
- 4. 30 Day Abandoned Policy. Any computer or device left at Dave’s Computers longer than thirty (30) Days will become property of Dave’s Computers and will be recycled/securely disposed of. The value of the computer will be used to offset the cost for the repair services. If the computer cannot be sold for a price that is greater than or equal to the cost of the repairs made by us, you agree to pay the balance of the repair cost.
- 5. Data Recovery Services. Data recovery services require a fifty percent (50%) deposit after the diagnostic and fifty percent (50%) once we provide you with a screen shot of data. We do not guarantee that all data may be recoverable. In rare occasions 75% will be require for deposit for jobs exceeding $1,000 for recovery. You agree to pay the above fees regardless of how much data is actually able to be recovered or if you decide to cancel the service before it is complete. If we are unable to recover any of your data, we will refund the fees paid for data recovery services.
- 6. Reinstalling of Software. WHEN A REINSTALL OF MICROSOFT WINDOWS® OR OTHER SOFTWARE IS NEEDED, WE WILL INSTALL MICROSOFT OFFICE® and WINDOWS® ONLY, OTHER APPLICATIONS MUST BE INSTALLED BY YOU OR YOU MUST PROVIDE THE DISCS FOR THE OTHER APPLICATIONS. BY SIGNING THIS FORM BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT AFTER A WINDOWS® REINSTALL, YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL YOUR OTHER APPLICATIONS. YOU AGREE TO RELEASE DAVES COMPUTERS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR PROGRAMS THAT WERE PREVIOUSLLY INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT MAY NOW BE MISSING FROM YOUR COMPUTER.
- 7. Disclaimer of Liability. Dave’s Computers will not be held liable for lost data or any damage resulting from a repair session. When you bring your computer in, we cannot know the condition of your computer; therefore, we cannot and will not be held responsible for the computer. Your computer could be of imminent failure and, as such, could fail during diagnostic and/or repair. Although our technicians take every precaution, there is always a risk, however small, of accidental data loss. Additionally, Dave’s Computers will not be held liable for data loss from a computer or hard drive sold by Dave’s Computers. We strongly recommend backing up computers regularly to prevent data loss. ALSO, DAVE’S COMPUTERS CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY THE SERVICES OR SOFTWARE OF ANY THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE. YOU AGREE TO RELEASE DAVES COMPUTERS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOST DATA OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM A REPAIR SESSION OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE OR SOFTWARE.
- 8. Warranty of Service. Dave’s Computers will not provide warranty for viruses and spyware removal, all warranties are hardware ONLY all software issues involve a service charge at the current store listed price. All parts provided by Dave’s Computers come with a sixty (60) day warranty from Dave’s Computers, any additional warranty or manufacturer’s warranty will be noted on the sales receipt. The warranty is for parts only. You will be responsible for any additional labor fees. Dave’s Computers will replace bad parts under warranty and will charge discounted rate for labor. Any parts, equipment or hardware added by anyone other than Dave’s Computer after the repair service is performed will void any warranty. All hardware comes with manufacturer warranty. If you have warranty claim with the manufacturer’s warranty sixty (60) days after the repair, you will need to contact the manufacturer directly. COMPUTERS SOLD BY US COME WITH A WARRANTY, NEW COMPUTERS COME WITH A ONE (1) YEAR WARRANTY, REFURBISHED COMPUTERS COME WITH 1 YEAR WARRANTY UNLESS AN EXTENDED WARRANTY IS PURCHASED. You would be responsible for the labor fees. Accidental or purposeful drops after Dave’s Computers repairs the device or future cracked screens will not be covered by the warranty. Problems arising after a repair that are not related to repaired part, will not be covered by the warranty. We test each device before releasing it to you to assure that the device works the same as when it was dropped off. If the hard drive needs data recovery lab service, the original drive will not be given back to you due to lab conditions. If you want the original drive back a $49 fee may apply to rebuild drive.
- 9. Privacy. Dave’s Computers greatly values your privacy. Any information we collect from you is solely for our own internal use and we will not give or sell this information to any third-party except for information securely transmitted to an outside credit card processing company so that we may accept credit cards for purchases.