Custom PC Build In New Jersey
Buy a Custom PC: Consultation & Design
Building your own custom PC might sound like a complex process. But we break it down into simple and easy steps to ensure you get exactly what you need.
The PC building process begins with a quick meeting so we can get an idea of what you are looking for. We will ask questions like:
- What software do you plan to use?
- Do you plan on using it for gaming?
- Do you want a multi-monitor setup?
- What are you looking to get out of the custom build?
- What is your budget?
These questions will give us a good idea of the kind of performance your PC should provide.
You can also let us know if you have any specific requirements about how you want your PC to look or run. For example, maybe you want a custom watercooled PC? Or you want to include custom PC RGB lights inside the casing?
There’s really no limit when it comes to creating your dream PC setup. From hardware specifications to overclocking processors to custom PC casing with tempered glass and more, we can handle it all. Just fill out the form at the bottom of the page or hit the contact us button to get in touch and we can get started on building as soon as you’re ready.
Contact Dave’s To Start Your Custom Build Today
Building Custom PCs
Once we know exactly what you want from your custom workstation, our technicians will get to work!
We’ll provide you a full quote for your new custom build including the cost of each component and our service fee. We’ll give you multiple options for brand and spec so you can balance your wants and needs against your budget.
Once you’ve confirmed the final spec of your custom build, we’ll order any parts we don’t have in stock and get started on the build. Due to our status as a computer service center, we have access to wholesale pricing on many components and can pass the cost savings along to you
When we say custom, we really mean it! Everything about your new PC can be adjusted to your liking including:
- Cooling system
- HDD or SSD
- Graphics card
- Power supply
Setup and Testing
After our technicians have finished the physical build of your custom PC, we’ll install the operating system of your choice and any software you’ve requested. We can also transfer your data from your old PC or a backup if you wish.
Once your computer’s up and running, we’ll run several tests to make sure everything is running as it should. This includes stress-testing your PC by running resource-intensive games or software (depending on your needs) and making sure nothing crashes or overheats.
Once we’re confident the build is to our high-quality standards, we’ll let you know it’s ready to pick up!
Why Choose a Custom-Built PC?
Building a custom PC has a lot of advantages over purchasing a prebuilt computer. Not only does it allow you to tailor your computer to your specific needs, but you also avoid the unneeded bloatware that comes with a normal PC.
Other advantages include:
- Built to your specifications – Do you need a lot of hard drive space or the latest graphics card? You got it!
- Parts are easily replaced – If a part fails or the computer begins to slow down, you don’t need to replace the entire computer. Instead, you can simply replace or upgrade pieces to get you back to speed.
- Easy upgrades – Likewise, custom-built PCs are easier to upgrade than pre-built ones. Instead of replacing your whole computer every few years, you can simply upgrade individual components over time.
- Know exactly what’s in your rig – A custom PC allows you to pick and choose the parts and brands you want in your computer. So you can be confident in the performance it will provide, and the quality of the hardware.
- Better performance – While pre-built PCs are designed for “standard” users, they won’t be optimized to your needs if you want to play resource-intensive games or do a lot of video editing. With a custom PC, you can choose components specifically for your personal needs to ensure you have all the power, space, and speed you need.
- Cost-effective – It’s true that a custom-built PC won’t necessarily be cheaper than a pre-built one. But if you’re after a high-powered machine, it’s often more affordable to invest in the best components and avoid the markup of high-end pre-built machines designed for gaming.
- Assemble it yourself or have someone else do it – For those well-versed in computer hardware, building your own PC can be a fun activity. However, if you want to ensure it’s done right and not have to worry about causing possible damage, finding a reliable custom PC builder like Dave’s Computers in New Jersey can make the process quick and easy.
Why Choose Dave’s Computers for Custom PC Builds?
We’ve been helping local businesses and individuals in New Jersey with their IT and computer needs for over 15 years.
Our ultimate goal is to provide fast, affordable, accessible, and high-quality computer build and repair services to our local community.
When it comes to our custom PC building service, we wanted to provide an alternative to ordering expensive, high-end pre-built PCs from brands like Dell and HP. While off-the-shelf workstations suit many people, a custom-built solution is often more suitable and more cost-effective for gamers, people working in 3D animation or video editing, and other individuals who use their PCs for specific, CPU-intensive tasks.
Many companies offer the option to customize your PC specifications when you’re ordering online but we wanted to go one step further. By offering personalized, face-to-face advice and custom-designing a computer for your needs, we make sure you get exactly what you want and help you get the most out of your budget.
Custom-Built PCs for Gaming
So you want to build a custom gaming PC? Custom-built gaming PCs are one of our most common requests.
The latest games always need the latest high-end tech to look and run at their best. If you play online against others, even small tweaks to your gaming setup can give you a competitive advantage.
Gamers often want their custom PCs to look as good as they run. We can help you to choose an attractive case and add optional extras like LED lights to create an enviable setup for your gaming room.
Contact us to let us know your budget and we’ll talk you through some options for building a custom gaming PC.
Custom-Built Workstations for Video Editing, CAD, and Other Intensive Processing
Whether you need a custom animation workstation for your day job or a custom video editing workstation for your YouTube side gig, you’ll need more disk space and power than a typical off-the-shelf PC can provide.
We can custom-build a PC for your specific requirements including the latest high-performance processors and graphics cards (including multiple GPUs if needed), RAM, fast storage, efficient cooling systems, and plenty of options for further upgrades and customizations.
Get in touch for a consultation with one of our custom workstation PC builders.
Troubleshooting A Broken Custom PC
Custom PCs can save owners hundreds of dollars when it comes to troubleshooting and replacing parts. Because you know exactly what’s in the PC, it’s much easier to figure out what’s broken and replace the malfunctioning component.
With a prebuilt computer, parts can oftentimes be proprietary or extremely difficult to buy and fit as a consumer. This usually means either paying expensive fees for an authorized service center to fix it for you, or sometimes you may even need to replace the entire unit for a new model.
When you purchase a custom PC from a reliable provider like Dave’s Computers, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that if you have any problems, they’ll be sorted quickly and at an affordable price.
We thoroughly test all custom PCs we build to make sure everything is running smoothly before we hand over your new workstation. We also include a limited warranty with all our custom PCs, so we’ll cover any repairs or replacements needed due to faulty parts (the time limit for this depends on each component.) If you have any problems in the future, we’ll know exactly what went into building your PC so we can get it running like new again in no time at all. Just stop by our store in Hillsborough or contact us to schedule in-home or in-office repair.