Choose Dave’s Computers to build your custom PC for the best performance and more affordable pricing than a pre-built gaming PC.
We’ve built thousands of PCs for gamers in New Jersey and we can advise you on the optimal configuration for your budget. Or if you want to request specific components or a setup of your own design, we can work with you to make sure your hardware is built to the highest quality.
What to Consider When Building a Custom Gaming PC
While performance is important when you’re planning the spec for your gaming PC custom build, unless you’re a pro gamer, you probably don’t need the best of everything.
Whatever your budget, we can work with you to design a speedy and reliable PC with optional extras like water cooling and RGB lighting.
If you’ve started thinking about the spec for your gaming workstation, some important factors include:
- Processor: A high-performance processor with high clock speeds and multiple cores is essential to deal with the intensive requirements of modern games.
- Graphics card: After the processor, the graphics card does most of the work of rendering your game. A high-quality graphics card will allow for the most detailed graphics with a high frame rate.
- RAM: Most modern games need at least 8GB of RAM to run smoothly but 16GB is better
- Storage: Fast storage reduces loading times and helps your games run faster. You’ll also need enough space for all your game files.
- Cooling system: As gaming is a high-intensity process for your computer, you’ll need to ensure you have adequate cooling systems in place. Water cooling systems are more powerful than fans, so you may want to consider installing one if you’re doing a lot of gaming.
Ready to design your dream gaming PC? Get in touch with the team at Dave’s Computers to get started.
Is it cheaper to build your own gaming PC?
Building your own gaming PC is a great option if you’re on a budget. You’ll be able to afford higher-spec components, save money on the unnecessary bells and whistles, and avoid the markup of branded pre-built gaming pcs. While building yourself is the cheapest option, finding a custom PC builder like Dave’s Computers is a great compromise.
Can I hire someone to build my gaming PC?
At Dave’s Computers, we offer a fully customized PC building service. You can pick the components you want or ask us to design a gaming workstation for you and then our technicians will build and test it for you.
Is $1,000 enough to build a gaming PC?
$2,000 is a better budget for a custom gaming PC. At this price range, you’ll be able to afford premium components and higher-end parts that will extend the lifespan of your pc. You’ll also have cash to spare to splash out on some of the more aesthetic aspects of your gaming PC such as custom LED lighting.
Can I build a gaming PC for $500?
If you’re on a tight budget, don’t worry. It’s still possible to build a decent entry-level gaming PC on a budget of $500. We’ll work with you to find out about the games you play and make sure you get the most for your money. And one of the benefits of building a custom PC is that you can upgrade it gradually over time when you have more money.
Where can I find a custom PC builder near me?
Dave’s Computers in Hillsborough NJ offers a fully custom gaming PC build service. Contact us to have a chat about what you want from your gaming computer and we’ll help you build your dream machine.