Mac Mini Repair in New Jersey
Rated 4.8/5 in 300+ customer reviews
Dave’s Computers in Hillsborough, New Jersey, offers professional, low-cost Mac Mini repair services for all generations of Mac computers. We offer a full range of Apple Mac Mini services, including troubleshooting, diagnostics, upgrades, servicing, refurbishment, and more! Our team of Apple technicians has the skills, training, experience, and tools to help with all kinds of Mac Mini issues.
Let Dave’s Computers fix your Mac Mini and experience the following:
- No hidden charges or fees; what you see is what you pay
- Fast, responsive service in our Hillsborough store
- Full guarantee on all parts and labor
- Repairs with quality and/or approved spares carried out by trained professionals
- Work with a full warranty.
The new Apple Mac Mini is a reliable computer and should offer many years of faithful service. If you are experiencing any issues with your computer, contact us at (908) 829-0257 or drop into our Hillsborough store.
Professional Mac Mini Repairs : Common Issues
Unresponsive Mac Mini
Aidan used his Mac Mini for work but couldn’t keep it running for longer than twenty minutes or so without it freezing. He couldn’t find the problem on his own, so he brought it to Dave’s Computers to take a look. We used our suite of diagnostic tools to discover that a third-party security program was interfering with macOS. Even though the program said it was compatible, it wasn’t working correctly. We removed it and replaced it with a program we trust. Now, Aidan’s Mac Mini works perfectly again!
Crashing Mac Mini
Sarah’s two-year-old Mac Mini kept crashing. After a couple of hours of use, it would shut down and not restart appropriately for a while. We were able to fix this by cleaning out the inside of her computer and removing dust and hair from the fan. The Mac Mini had been overheating, and the thermal protection feature of Intel chips was kicking in to protect it. After thorough cleaning and service, Sarah was able to use her computer normally.
Slow Mac Mini
Janice had been using her Mac Mini for three years but found it running gradually slower and slower. She performed disk cleanup herself to make sure there was disk space, but she couldn’t get it working correctly again. Our Apple repair guys took over and performed diagnostics on the system. We found a program taking up all system resources, which was slowing everything down. We performed a full system test, updated macOS, updated all programs, removed all unnecessary programs, and performed a full service. After just 90 minutes of our Mac repair shop’s attention, Janice’s Mac Mini is now performing as fast as it ever has!
The Mac Mini is a quality device that offers reliable performance over the long term. However, one issue that occasionally occurs is a flickering screen. Fortunately, Dave’s Computers has seen this many times and knows how to fix it. Because the Mac Mini uses an external screen, the problem is usually software or configuration rather than hardware, so we can typically fix it in no time!
My Mac Mini Won’t Start Up
If you see a black or blue screen when you boot your Mac Mini, you’re not alone. This is a common situation Apple users face, but it isn’t insurmountable. Our Apple repair technicians have seen this hundreds of times and can fix it every time. It is usually a software issue and can be addressed with some diagnostics and reconfiguration. If it’s a hardware issue like drive failure, we can help there, too. Some parts that often need to be replaced include the logic board, the power supply, and the optical drive.
Kernel Panic means your computer is running out of resources which prevents it from processing commands in the usual way. If you see a blue screen or your Mac Mini crashes, it can cause what’s known as kernel panic. It’s not terminal and can be addressed with the right tools and techniques. Our team can fix kernel panic in no time at all, and it will often not require any new hardware or upgrades.
Regular service and maintenance ensure that your device will run smoothly and efficiently for a long time. Dave’s Computers will clean, inspect, diagnose, and test all aspects of your computer to ensure they are running at optimum levels. We will also: update macOS; update firmware drivers, apps, and programs; and deliver a Mac Mini that looks and feels like new, however old it may be!
Below are some other examples of the mac service we provide:
- Clearing Disk Space: What seems like a massive amount of disk space can quickly shrink. If you find yourself in this situation, you have several options. Clear disk space, add more disk space, or replace your drive for a larger one. Dave’s Computers can help with each!
- My Mac Mini is Slow: When your device starts getting slow, it can be frustrating and annoying. However, we can diagnose any issues slowing your Mac Mini down and address those issues appropriately – all at a very low cost.
- Mac Mini Drive Replacement: The Mac Mini has a drive that is soldered to the motherboard, making replacement difficult. We don’t recommend a home user upgrading their own hard drive as it could stop your Mac from working for good. Our team of Apple specialists has performed many hard drive upgrades on Apple devices and has the skills and the tools needed to effectively replace drives.
- Mac Mini RAM Upgrade or Replacement: While the processor and drive are soldered onto a Mac Mini, the RAM is not. If you find your computer slowing down or cannot cope with the demands you put on it, a RAM upgrade can help. Memory upgrades are one of the best upgrades you can make on any computer, and a Mac is no different. It’s relatively cheap and can make a huge difference in the performance of your device.
- Mac Mini Fan & Cooler Replacement: Is your computer running hot? Is the fan running all the time? Cooling is vital to the survival of any computer, and airflow is a crucial part. The Mac Mini uses a new Intel quad-core processor that generates quite a lot of heat. The built-in cooling is more than up to the task, but if you hear the fan running louder or more often than usual, you need to take action.
It doesn’t matter how old your device is or what problems you are experiencing. Bring your Mac Mini to Dave’s Computers in New Jersey, and we’ll take care of everything for you.
Let Dave’s Prepare your Mac Mini for Resale
If you are planning to sell your Mac Mini, you will want to clear all your private data from the device. Your computer will have information about you and contain a lot of personal data. Removing all that data is vital to keep you safe. Dave’s Computers can securely wipe all your personal data from your Mac Mini, perform a factory reset, and prepare the Mac Mini for sale. It’s fast, cheap, and, most importantly, perfectly safe!
Mac Mini Troubleshooting
We appreciate that many Mac Mini owners like to handle their own business before considering Mac repair shops. There are some things you can tackle at home and some things you really shouldn’t.
Three common issues a Mac Mini owner might face include the following:
Frozen Mac Mini
If you leave your Mac Mini running for a while, you may come back to find it unresponsive.
If you’re stuck on the desktop and no apps will work, you have a few options:
- Hold the Option key and select the unresponsive app in the dock. Force quit the unresponsive app.
- Press Command + Option + Escape to bring up the Force Quit menu. Select an unresponsive app and select Force Quit.
- Press Command + Control + Eject to force reboot your Mac Mini.
If you have multiple apps that won’t respond, repeat the above for all of them, and regular service should be resumed. Or, you can skip to the force reboot option.
Mac Mini WiFi Slow
Another common issue with computers is slow WiFi. While this can be caused by a slow network or slow internet, there can also be an issue with your device.
Try these steps in the order given to troubleshoot slow WiFi on any Apple device:
- Reboot your computer and your home broadband router.
- Turn WiFi off and back on again.
- Forget the network and rejoin. Use System Preferences and Network. Select the WiFi network, select Advanced and Remove, and rejoin it again.
- Use Spotlight to find Wireless Diagnostics, and run that.
If you have multiple apps that won’t respond, repeat the above steps for all of them, and normal service should be resumed. Or, you can skip to the force reboot option.
Mac Mini Won’t Boot
A Mac Mini that boots into a black or blue screen—or even the Sad Mac screen—is never good, but it can often be fixed with some simple troubleshooting techniques:
- Shut down your Mac Mini.
- Hold down Shift and press the power button.
If your Mac Mini boots, you’re all good. If it doesn’t, try this:
- Power on your Mac Mini and press the power button once when the black screen shows.
- Press ‘S’ on the keyboard and hold down the Power button until it shuts down.
- Wait 20 seconds.
- Press Power again and wait for your Mac Mini to boot.
Hopefully, your device will boot to the desktop normally. If it doesn’t, bring it to Dave’s Computers in Hillsborough, and we’ll take a look.
Mac Mini Repair & Servicing Experts in New Jersey
Dave’s Computers has experienced Apple techs on hand to help with any issue you might face with your Mac Mini. We can perform most servicing, repairs, hardware replacements, upgrades, and troubleshooting in-house and often on the same day. Whatever issue you’re facing, the team can help.
We provide Mac repairs to individuals and businesses in New Brunswick, North Brunswick, Princeton, Raritan, Somerset, South Jersey, Rocky Hill, and Warren. Call us at (908) 829-0257 or drop into our store in Hillsborough, New Jersey. We would be happy to help!
Besides Mac Mini, We Repair the following Mac devices:
- MacBook Pro
- MacBook Air
- Mac Pro
Common Questions Asked By Our Customers:
What can I do with my old Mac Mini?
Mac Mini’s can be hooked up to your TV and used as an additional computer in your home or office. The size of the computer makes it a good fit.
Is the Mac Mini worth it?
The Mac Mini is the best model to buy, in my opinion. The size and capabilities allow you to bring it with you from home to office and store it anywhere on your desk or in a cabinet.
Can You add storage to a Mac Mini?
You cannot add a second drive to a Mac Mini. However, you can upgrade the drive to an SSD and to any available capacity. We can even clone your existing drive to a larger drive allowing you to keep your applications and settings, giving you more space to work with.
Will an SSD speed up my Mac Mini?
Of course, we can upgrade your mini with an SSD upgrade. This will improve the speed by 2x and allow you to run any kind of program you need.
Does Mac Mini Connect to WiFi?
Yes, Mac Minis have built-in WiFi. The best part? If you use the Apple wireless keyboard and mouse, you can store the Mac Mini anywhere, keeping your desk organized.
How do I open Mac Mini 2009, 2010, 2011?
We suggest you bring it in so our Apple technicians can carefully take it apart and see what kind of upgrades we can provide.
I’m not sure if you wanted this to be repeated here in the wifi section, so I’m leaving it here for now.
Looking for IT Support? We can help! In New Jersey for small businesses. Whether it’s a solo based business or has up to 200 users, Dave’s provides a much more personal approach to your IT needs.