Dave’s Computers delivers fast, responsive MacBook Pro repair in New Jersey. Our team of trained and highly experienced Apple technicians can quickly diagnose and fix all MacBook Pro and MacBook Air issues. All repairs and replacements carry a full guarantee! The three most common issues MacBook Pro owners might face are:
- MacBook Pro won’t start
- Incompatible login items
- Spinning beach ball
Below, we explain how our computer repair technicians can assist with typical MacBook Pro issues. Whether you need professional repair services, refurbishment, parts replacement, or software and hardware support for home and businesses, Dave’s Computers of Hillsborough, New Jersey can help.
MacBook Pro & MacBook Air Service by Dave’s Computers
MacBook Pros are built to last. While they don’t need much looking after, regular servicing ensures all the hardware and software runs at optimum levels. When you bring your Mac computer to us for servicing, we also check for firmware and software updates, program updates, check for imminent hardware failure and ensure your laptop is working properly. Should your computer need repairs, Dave’s offers:
- Low-cost, fixed priced MacBook Pro repairs
- Full guarantees on parts and labor.
- Skilled and experienced Apple technicians.
- Fast, responsive service.
Whether you’re an individual laptop user or business with dozens of MacBook Pros, we can help. Contact us at (908) 829-0257 or drop by our Hillsborough store.
Can a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro Be Repaired?
We perform MacBook Pro and MacBook Air repairs on a daily basis. Below are three recent examples of our Apple techs helping our New Jersey customers with their Apple computers.
- 1. Water Damaged MacBook Pro Keyboard: Spilled coffee is one of the biggest threats to laptop computers. Unfortunately, Josh spilled coffee all over his 2018 MacBook Pro. While there was no electrical damage, the keyboard was stained and sticky. He brought it to our store where our Apple techs got to work. We stripped the MacBook Pro down, ensured all components were dry, checked that there were no electrical shorts, replaced the keyboard and cleaned up the laptop. We booted it on our test bench and everything worked perfectly! If you accidentally spill on your laptop or keyboard, it is imperative that you power everything down immediately to avoid any electrical damage.
- 2. Unresponsive MacBook Pro App: Julie’s MacBook Pro would boot up and display the desktop fine, but as soon as she logged into a particular app, her laptop would freeze and become unresponsive. She brought her MacBook Pro into Dave’s Computers and we took care of it. First, we tried to update the app and macOS to the latest version, but it still kept crashing. Next, we uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, cleared the app cache, and it still kept crashing. Finally, we noticed Julie was using third-party security software and it was sandboxing the app. We whitelisted the app within the security software and problem solved!
- 3. Cracked MacBook Pro Screen: The screen of Amy’s MacBook Pro had a long crack along the right-hand side. She had just gone out of warranty with Apple, and she didn’t want to pay Apple prices for a new screen. She also wanted to avoid the risk of ordering a new screen from an internet supplier, so she came to Dave’s Computers. We removed the old screen on our test bench and replaced it with a brand new, top quality replacement Retina screen. We provide full warranties on all new parts so Amy was more than happy!
If you are experiencing any problems with your Mac computer, contact Dave’s Computers today! We are happy to provide free estimates, and all of our work is 100% guaranteed. We service New Brunswick, North Brunswick, Princeton, Raritan, Somerset, South Jersey, Rocky Hill, and Warren.
MacBook Pro Screen Repair
Cracked or damaged computer screens are one of the most common issues we deal with. Because MacBook Pro screens are such high-quality, any imperfection is easily noticeable. Dave’s Computers offers fast, low-cost MacBook Pro Screen repairs and replacements on most generations of MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers.
My Macbook Pro Sound Stopped Working
Although the MacBook Pro is a reliable laptop, it does have a few common issues, and losing sound is one of them. Dave’s Computers in Jersey has vast experience in diagnosing and fixing software and hardware sound issues on MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers.
Can Dave’s Fix MacBook Pro Speakers?
Alongside general sound issues, various generations of MacBook Pro can blow their speakers for one reason or another. We have replacement speakers that are readily available. Our apple techs have performed a number of speaker changes over the years so you’re in safe hands!
MacBook Pro Keyboard Replacement
Mac users spend hours typing, chatting, and working, so any MacBook Pro keyboard takes a lot of punishment. The MacBook Pro keyboard is an integral part of the laptop so if the keyboard stops working or doesn’t respond as it should, you need it fixed. Dave’s Computers can help. We offer MacBook Pro keyboard replacement and repair services that will have you back to full productivity in no time!
MacBook Pro Touchpad Replacement
Just like the MacBook keyboard, the touchpad has to cope with a lot of use. It is designed to survive all but the harshest treatment but may require replacement eventually. We can quickly diagnose and replace your MacBook Pro touchpad within hours. It’s quick, painless and doesn’t cost as much as you might think!
MacBook Pro Battery Replacement
Does your MacBook not turn on? Will your computer not charge? You may need to have your computer battery replaced. Our MacBook Pro battery replacement service is very popular. We use top quality batteries, approved for use in Apple laptops, and our experienced technicians can replace your failing battery to get your MacBook Pro working like new again. Battery replacement is very quick, and we can complete full replacement while you wait. Just call us at (908) 829-0257 with your make and year of MacBook Pro to make sure we have the battery in stock and we’ll take care of the rest!
Black Screen Repair for MacBook Pro
MacBook Pro won’t boot? Black screen appears instead of the Apple logo? We can help! The black screen issue for the MacBook Pro is rare but it does happen. If this happens, it is likely you won’t be able to use your MacBook until the problem gets fixed. Luckily, Dave’s Computers in New Jersey is here to help! Our team of Apple technicians can diagnose and address most black screen problems on all versions of the MacBook Pro.
Water Damaged MacBook Repair
Water damage is another common issue, and most laptops will suffer water damage at some point. Depending on the nature of the damage, the Apple repair guys at Dave’s Computers may be able to help. We can assess and replace water damaged hardware, water damaged Retina screens and address many issues caused by liquid.
Resetting your MacBook Pro
Selling your MacBook Pro? Want to clear all personal data from it before selling it? Need to make sure all your information has been securely removed and there is nothing of you left on your laptop? We can help! Dave’s Computers can prepare your MacBook Pro for sale by resetting everything and ensuring all personal data has been safely and securely removed.
Troubleshooting Your MacBook Pro
With any computer issues, there are a couple of things you can do at home to try and address it before bringing it to a computer repair store. Below are some common problems Mac users may experience with instructions to follow that might resolve the issue. If you perform all of the steps but are still having problems, contact the highly knowledgeable technicians of Dave’s Computers. Depending on the issue, we may be able to fix the problem over the phone.
MacBook Pro Won’t Start
You boot your MacBook Pro and see a gray or black screen instead of the desktop. Try the following:
- 1. Power on your MacBook Pro while holding down the Shift key. This will start your computer in Safe Mode, so that macOS can run diagnostics to figure out what is wrong and fix it.
- 2. Allow the computer to boot.
- 3. Restart your Mac.
- 4. If diagnostics discovered something minor, your Mac should reboot as normal into the desktop.
If that doesn’t work, try running Disk Utility:
- 1. Turn off your MacBook Pro.
- 2. Hold down the power button, Command and R keys.
- 3. Let go the power button while holding Command and R keys until you see the Apple logo.
- 4. Select Disk Utility from the macOS Utilities screen.
- 5. Select your hard drive from the list and select First Aid.
- 6. Allow the tasks to complete.
- 7. Reboot your laptop.
If your MacBook Pro still won’t start properly or won’t boot into the desktop, it’s time to bring it to our Apple repair experts.
Incompatible Login Items
Incompatible login items will often cause a blue screen when you first boot your MacBook Pro. This means a program or app you recently installed is trying to start automatically with macOS but isn’t compatible and has caused everything to crash. Sometimes your laptop will boot into the desktop after a while and sometimes it won’t. If you can load the desktop, try this:
- 1. Select the Apple menu and System Preferences.
- 2. Select Users & Groups.
- 3. Select your account and select Login Items.
You have two options from here. If you have recently installed a program or app before this began happening, remove it from the list of Login Items. Reboot your laptop and see if it boots properly. If it does, it was that app. If it doesn’t, try the below.
If you haven’t installed any new programs, select them all and select Remove. Reboot your MacBook Pro as normal. If it boots okay, repeat the above steps and gradually add those Login Items one by one until your Mac stops booting properly. Go back and remove the last app you enabled and everything should work fine.
Spinning Beach Ball
The Spinning beach ball isn’t unique to the MacBook Pro but is a common occurrence on Apple laptops. It means you’re having to wait while macOS completes a task that is slowing it down.
- 1. Open Utilities and Activity Monitor.
- 2. See what is using the most CPU or Memory.
- 3. Highlight an app using a lot of resources and hit ‘X’ to shut it down.
You should be able to leave it there if that was the only app using up resources. The beach ball should now disappear and your laptop should now work normally. If this reoccurs frequently, check the app for updates or consider uninstalling it.
MacBook Pro Repair from Dave’s Computers
The Apple techs at Dave’s Computers can help with any MacBook Pro or MacBook Air troubles, no matter the version you use. We have been serving the New Jersey area for years and have the skills, training, and experience to diagnose and fix any kind of fault or issue with Apple laptops.
All our work is warrantied and all parts and labor fully guaranteed. We work fast and we work well. Call us at (908) 829-0257 or drop into our store in Hillsborough, New Jersey. We would be happy to help!