Computer Running Slowly? Tips on How to Improve Speed!
Whether you are using it for personal or business-related purposes, a slow computer can often be your worst nightmare. Your productivity instantly decreases, you may be concerned about losing important files or fulfilling deadlines, and your morale deteriorates. However, there are a few things you can do in terms of computer maintenance for a potentially immediate solution!
If your computer is running slowly and you do not have to time or patience for the problem to resolve itself, consider trying some of the following computer maintenance tips:
- Remove programs that you no longer use – Make sure to uninstall them rather than simply remove the shortcut, as that would be significantly less effective.
- Clean up other unnecessary clutter using the Disk Cleanup tool – Type “cleanmgr.exe” into the Start menu.
- Decrease the number of programs that run automatically upon start-up.
- Keep your computer’s desktop as empty as possible.
- Remove malware, spyware, and/or viruses (if any) – Scan your computer for potential threats and run a cleanup process if needed.
- Switch your browser from Internet Explorer to a faster one like Chrome or Firefox.
- Clean up your browser history, cookies, cached items, etc.
- Keep your computer well ventilated to ensure that it does not overheat.
- Increase the computer’s memory by upgrading its RAM.
- If all else fails and/or if your computer seems to be experiencing a serious issue that you are unable to fix on your own, it is best to contact a professional computer service.
Contact Dave’s Computers for Professional Computer Maintenance
If you live in the Hillsborough, NJ, area and are having trouble with computer maintenance, look no further than Dave’s Computers. Please do not hesitate to contact your local computer maintenance experts at 908-428-9558 or through our online contact form.